- Medicare's AWV Guidance (.pdf)
- October 2012 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Medicare Quick Reference Preventive Services
- May 2012 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- What You Need to Know About the Free Medicare Checkup
- July 2012 AARP.org
- Few seniors go for Medicare wellness visits
- April 2012 Sun Sentinel
- AWV Uncorks New Revenue Stream, Improves Health Care Quality
- February 2017 AAFP.org
- A Framework for Patient – Centered Health Risk Assessments
– Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
AWVSolution.com Delivers the Ideal Web-based Package for Annual Wellness Visits:
- Minimize In-Office Staff Time With 15 Minute Encounter
- Maximize Reimbursement Opportunities
- Combine AWV With PE or Other Encounter on Same Day
- Generate over $200 Per AWV for AWV and Annual Screens
- Schedule Future Benefits and Tests Normally Yielding Additional $100
Web Based Electronic Capture With EMR Interface Is The Solution.
Q & A - Top Five Questions About How To Use AWVSolution.com
Q. How does a patient complete their Health Risk Assessment (HRA) before their AWV?
A. Patients are directed to www.AWVSolution.com and are told to sign in with your Provider code and complete the HRA questionnaire. Your Practice will then be notified there is a completed HRA and you will complete the AWV via our website.
Q. What if the patient does not know how to use or have a computer, is blind or otherwise handicapped?
A. A staff member or other telephonic representative of the Practice can call the patient and fill in the HRA by asking questions over the phone. Two phone interviews a day could yield over $100,000 per year by conducting 10 such phone interviews per week. A dedicated staff member could even conduct all ten interviews on one specified day if you choose.
Q. Do I have to have an EMR to use AWVSolution.com?
A. No. The online form at AWVSolution.com is accessible from any Internet-connected office computer and can be completed by your staff and you before being printed out for your paper files. Plus, the PPPS is printable for the patient to take with them as required by CMS. Also, AWVSolution.com will maintain a permanent record of all your patients who use our website to complete their AWV.
Q. Can any staff member gather the AWV HRA information?
A. Yes. Any staff member can gather the patient history, then the authorized Provider reviews and completes the AWV by making appropriate medical decisions in usually 5-10 minutes.
Q. Can a patient view their completed AWV and Personal Prevention Plan of scheduled benefits and referrals after it is completed?
A. Yes. The completed plan will be stored under the patient’s protected access code on AWVSolution.com for them to view at any time during the year, and then as it is updated annually on subsequent visits per CMS code G0439.
AWVSolution.com Revenue Potential
For every 1,000 Medicare patients you treat AWVSolution.com can help you add $200,000.00 to your annual gross revenue.