Annual Wellness Visit Information
If you have Medicare, Part B you can get a yearly “Wellness” visit for free. The yearly “wellness” visit is designed to develop or update a personalized plan to prevent disease based on your current health and risk factors.
You pay nothing for the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). If you get additional tests or services during the same visit that aren’t covered under these preventive benefits, you may have to pay coinsurance, and the Part B deductible may apply.
Your AWV is comprehensive. The visit includes a review of your medical history, preventive tests, screenings; and planning for a healthy future.
More detailed information is found in this video:
During the Visit, Your Provider Will:
- Record, review and evaluate your medical and family history, plus your current health conditions, risks and prescriptions
- Check your height, weight, body mass index, and blood pressure
- Look for any cognitive impairment you might have
- Review your functional ability and level of safety
- Update your schedule of preventive tests, screens and immunizations
- Write any prescriptions or order tests you may need
- Create a 5 – 10 year personal plan of preventive benefits and care